Reporter & Multimedia Journalist
I’m a staff reporter at The Vancouver Sun and The Province, my hometown daily newspapers where I’ve worked since 2013, covering everything from financial crime to the environment and Canada’s cannabis industry.
I shoot photos and videos to accompany both breaking news and feature projects, as seen most recently in the five-part series published March 2017 in The Vancouver Sun, stemming from my reporting trip this year to India.
I have also covered four Olympic Games on four continents with NBC Olympics, working as a writer and researcher for broadcast.
I’d love to hear from you. Please reach out at 604 619-0006 or firstname.lastname@example.org
• 2016: Asia Pacific Media Fellowship recipient, supporting a reporting trip to India in January and February 2017, for a feature project scheduled for publication in The Vancouver Sun in March 2017
• 2015: Jack Webster Fellowship Award recipient, for study at the Poynter Institute in Florida. Completed a week-long seminar, under Pulitzer-winning instructors, working on enterprise reporting.
• 2014: Jack Webster Award for Science, Technology, Health & Environment Journalism, for my series of stories about water issues in B.C.
• 2011, 2012, 2013: Ryerson University’s Yeates School of Graduate Studies awards for Master of Journalism program
• Ryerson University (Toronto): Master of Journalism, 2013
• University of British Columbia: Bachelor of Arts (English & Spanish), 2007
See my recent stories in The Vancouver Sun and The Province.